Experiencing Hearing Loss?
If so, you are not alone. Hearing loss is one of the biggest health concerns in the U.S. It is the third most commonly reported physical condition, following arthritis and heart disease. It affects roughly 20 percent of the American population and can strike people of all ages.
Top 5 Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- Having trouble following conversations with background noise.
- Missing part of the conversation.
- Feeling like others mumble when they speak.
- Turning the volume on the television up.
- Avoiding social gatherings.
Considering Hearing Aids?
For most individuals with hearing loss, the use of a hearing aid can provide an enormous amount of benefits, more than simply improving your hearing. Below are the benefits many patients see when they decide to finally seek treatment for their hearing loss.
- Improved general health
- Improved Professional Success
- Improved Emotional Well-being
Patients who treat their hearing loss have also been shown to have higher quality of life and self-esteem than those who do not seek treatment.
A study of 2,000 patients with hearing loss found that up to a third of them saw improvements in their:
- Sense of humor
- Mental health
- Emotional health
- Physical health
- Sense of safety
- Feelings about self
- Sense of independence
- Work relationships